Home > Hydraulic Cutte Suction Dredger

Hydraulic Cutte Suction Dredger

Hydraulic Cutte Suction Dredger

The cutter suction dredger consists of a large barge shape vessel that normally doesn't have propulsion equipment and is mobilized to the job site by other vessels. It has centrifugal pumps on board that are used to pump slurry (mixture of solids and water) to a disposal location. The dredge has a ladder that supports the cutter and cutter drive unit and the suction line leading to the suction side of the dredge pump. At the end of the suction line and cutter drive shaft is the cutter head that is used to loosen and cut sediment that must be removed from the bottom of the waterway. The cutter may have special teeth for excavating the bottom. The excavated material is mixed with the surrounding water and drawn up the suction pipeline due to the low pressure created by the pump on the suction side. The dredged material may consist of clay, silts, sands and gravel and the slurry may be as much as 20% sediments by volume and the other 80% is the ambient fluid. The hydraulic cutter suction dredger is drived by a hydraulic system.

Last Page:Bucket Chain Sand Dredger

Next Page:No Product